The Cirencester Fund Campaign 2014
As part of our continuing efforts to keep in touch with our alumni, we’ve brought together a group of current students who will be contacting alumni by telephone over the next couple of weeks.
These great ambassadors will talk to former students about life at Cirencester today, ask for news and seek their views on our alumni events and publications. The callers will also explain how our alumni can support students like them through the Cirencester Fund.
This is the second year we have run a telephone campaign. Last year we raised almost £50,000 in gifts and pledges, with over a third of those asked choosing to give. This was incredibly heartening for staff and students alike.
Last year, money donated to the Cirencester Fund helped:
- Unlock matched funds, doubling the amount available, to enable our young entrepreneurs to get real-world business experience and grow their social enterprise Muddy Wellies
- Give the library foyer a new lease of life as a light, bright, interactive social learning space equipped for new ways of learning
This year we aim to:
- Transform more areas around the campus into social learning spaces
- Provide extra funds for academic endeavour
- Provide extra funds for cases of unexpected hardship
- Have an ‘unrestricted’ fund so we can support worthy causes as and when they arise
The Cirencester Fund encourages and enables as many former students as possible to support current and future ones. The sums really do add up; giving us real ‘strength in numbers’.