Date published: 01 Jun 2020
We thought you would appreciate some positive news given the uncertainty due to the current coronavirus pandemic. Our future and current students need as much clarity as possible regarding the RAU’s plans for the next academic year. Our plans take into account advice from government and a range of external bodies across the sector. We have a spacious campus in a rural location in the South West of England with sufficient accommodation on campus to house all first year students and additional student housing available locally so that use of public transport is not required.
Working in consultation with our Student Union, we shall uphold the tradition of quality associated with our students’ experience. We are working together to ensure the safety and well-being of the entire RAU community, as well as the needs and concerns of the local communities in Cirencester and the surrounding areas.
- We plan to re-open our campus in September, with appropriate social distancing measures in place. This includes facilities such as the library, study areas, catering outlets, and sports areas.
- We expect to be able to offer onsite accommodation to all new students who want to reside in halls. Please contact the Accommodation Office at email@example.com without delay if you want a place in halls and have not yet applied.
- Lectures will be delivered online; however, all students will also receive face to face delivery through seminars, tutorials and practical sessions.
- Our Student Services team will be fully operational ensuring all students are provided with support around finances, health and well-being, study skills and more.
- International students will be offered the option to quarantine onsite with us prior to the start of term.
Our Academic and Professional Services teams are working hard to make sure we provide clear advice and direction as quickly as possible, and more details will be provided as they become available. If we need to change these plans in accordance with any guidance from the UK government, we will update you as soon as possible.
In the meantime, if you require further information please contact us:
Applicants and offer holders: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current RAU students: email@example.com