This module gives a foundation understanding of the core scientific theories needed to interpret their effects on rural businesses and management strategies. Student will be introduced to a range of topics related to crop and animal husbandry such as basic anatomy and physiology of plants and animals, aspects of pest and pathogen control, and soil science.
To pass this module, students must be able to:
- Collect and use primary data to support investigation
- Use data to justify decision making in rural business management
- Apply knowledge of plant and soil types to crop husbandry practices
- Apply knowledge of animal anatomy and physiology to husbandry practices
- Apply knowledge and make connections between pest and pathogen lifecycles and their control management strategies
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.