Overview of British equine industry; British horseracing industry, racing organisations, bloodstock breeding & sales; competition horse disciplines, breeding and organisations; other equine sports and leisure activities; riding schools & equestrian centres; equine diversification; ancillary trades and services e.g.horse transportation and shipping, horse insurance, veterinary & therapy.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the structure and size of the UK Equine Industry
- Describe the functional and cultural aspects of its various organisations and how they interrelate
|Examination||Written exam (2 hours)||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Equestrian Trade News (Monthly) British Equestrian Trade Association.
- Horse And Hound (Weekly) Ipc
- The Economic Impact Of British Racing 2013. (2013) Deliotte.
- The National Equestrian Survey. (2015). British Equestrian Trade Association.
- Vial, C. And Evans, R. (2015) The New Equine Economy In The 21st Century. Wageningen Academic Publishers