This module is delivered in three major units:
- The English legal system providing an introduction to the constitution and administrative law, civil v criminal law, the court and tribunal systems and sources of law. Knowledge of European Union law is developed, including the law relating to human rights. .An introduction to agency law.
- Contract (formation, terms, remedies for breach)
- Tort (negligence, nuisance, trespass, occupiers’ liability).
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Understand and explain how the English legal system is organised and administered
- Identify the different sources of law, for example, common law, national and European legislation and classify the different types of law e.g. civil versus criminal.
- Apply the laws of contract, tort, agency, constitutional and administrative law in a practical context
|Coursework||1 individual coursework assignment (learning outcome 1 - part)||50%|
|Examination||1.5-hour examination (all learning outcomes)||50%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.