- Module code
- 1015 /1015DL
- Module leader
- John Hockey
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 150 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 50 hours (Campus based) / 8 hours (distance learning)
- Teaching period
- Semester 2
This module is delivered in three major units:
- The English legal system providing an introduction to the constitution and administrative law, civil v criminal law, the court and tribunal systems and sources of law. Knowledge of European Union law is developed, including the law relating to human rights. .An introduction to agency law.
- Contract (formation, terms, remedies for breach)
- Tort (negligence, nuisance, trespass, occupiers’ liability).
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Understand and explain how the English legal system is organised and administered
- Identify the different sources of law, for example, common law, national and European legislation and classify the different types of law e.g. civil versus criminal.
- Apply the laws of contract, tort, agency, constitutional and administrative law in a practical context
|Coursework||1 individual coursework assignment (learning outcome 1 - part)||50%|
|Examination||1.5-hour examination (all learning outcomes)||50%|