The nature of the property market, including types of property and types of tenure. The application of the comparative, investment and residual methods of valuation to the assessment of property values. The principles of compounding, discounting and present value and the use of valuation tables and formulae. Introduction to RICS Valuation - Professional Standards (the Red Book).
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Explain the factors which underpin value in the property market.
- Use the comparative method of valuation to assess the market rent and market value of example properties.
- Use valuation tables and/or formulae to explain the application of the principles of compounding, discounting and present value to simple investment problems.
- Use the investment method of valuation to assess the market value of properties with a rental income stream.
- Use the residual method of valuation to assess the market value of development property.
|Coursework||Schedule in class workshop exercises (All Learning Outcomes)||40%|
|Examination||One and a half hour unseen examination (All Learning Outcomes)||60%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.