The module will include:
- Accounting concepts and accounting systems;
- Company accounts, users of accounts and the limitations of accounts;
- Cash Flow;
- Profit and Loss;
- Balance Sheet;
- Introduction to UK Tax practices (NI/VAT/Corporation Tax);
- Break-even; and
- Capital Investment and Investment Appraisal (Payback, ARR, NPV).
- Ratio Analysis: Profitability, Liquidity, Debt and Financial Efficiency.
- Financial measurement of consumption and production patterns within a business.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Describe basic financial and accounting conventions;
- Identify financial statements and their application;
- Prepare financial statements (cash flow, P&L and balance sheet); and
- Analyse information from financial statements.
|Coursework 1||Essay on Financial and Accounting conventions (500 Words)||20%|
|Coursework 2||Portfolio of tasks developing financial statements (cash flow, P&L and balance sheet) (2500 Words)||80%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.