- Current agricultural issues pertinent at the time, (e.g. TB, Commodity and energy prices, Food scares, Government policy, etc)
- European Policy / CAP, Agricultural subsidy history and details, current subsidy schemes
- Food chain efficiency, Farm Assurance schemes, Agri Environment Schemes
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
- Presentation skills
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the reasons behind agricultural support and the effect that it has on agriculture
- Demonstrate familiarity with current and topical agricultural issues
- Prepare a presentation on a topical subject, and deliver the presentation to an audience of their peers and others
|Examination||1 x 1.5 hour unseen exam||30%|
Assessments may differ in 2020/21 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Turner, J.C. and Taylor, M.R. (1998). Applied Farm Management. (2nd edition). Blackwell Science.
- Current Agricultural Trade Journals (e.g. Farmers Weekly, Crops).
- DEFRA and other websites.