- Module code
- Module leader
- Tom Overbury
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 75 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 70 hours
- Teaching period
- October – June
Students will compile a personal development portfolio over the period. This may include work related learning experiences that have been acquired prior to the start of the course, or during periods of employment during the December and April vacation. Other learning experiences encountered during the taught part of the course will enable the student to build up the portfolio of evidence.
Preparation for the role envisaged during the statutory work based period.
Preparation for the workplace where appropriate, including manual handling and first aid.
Personal reflection of achievements and learning during the period.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Work in an independent and autonomous way. (8.4.7)(8.4.2)
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the need and advantages of being punctual and diligent in a work based situation. (8.4.7)(8.4.2)
- Demonstrate the importance of following safe working practices at all times whilst at work, and have a high regard for health and safety issues. (8.3.1)(8.3.2)
- Demonstrate an understanding of First Aid and Manual Handling skills.
- Demonstrate their understanding of the legislation relevant to their proposed role in the work based environment. (8.4.2)
- Successful completion of the portfolio in an acceptable form will demonstrate competence in word processing and communication skills, report writing and other transferable skills. (8.4.1)(8.4.2)(8.4.4)
|Coursework||1 x portfolio of achievement is required, recording learning experiences and successful completion will also demonstrate competence in various communication skills.||100%|