- Module code
- Module leader
- Stephen Thomas
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 6 Weeks
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 20 hours
- Teaching period
- Semester 1
The 6 week placement is designed to provide students with an insight into real-life business and management practice. Within this students will understand both the challenges and opportunities managers face on a daily basis.
Students will be able to apply the skills and knowledge learned from their academic studies and acquire practical skills by undertaking a placement. Upon graduation students will be better prepared to embark on careers in their chosen field. For employers, students will provide enthusiasm and fresh insight.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Write a descriptive report about their work in a specific organisation.
- Reflect upon and analyse their own performance in work.
- Use their experience in the work place to plan their future career path
|Written Report Assessment||Student Placement Report (2000 words)||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Cottrell, S. (2013) The study skills handbook. 4th edn. Palgrave Macmillan. (Palgrave study skills).
- FANTHOME, C. (2004) Work placements: a survival guide for students. Palgrave Macmillan. (Palgrave study guides).