Equine Bioveterinary Science 1
- Module code
- Module leader
- Simon Daniels
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 150 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 28 hours
- Teaching period
- Semester 2
- Aetiology and pathogenesis of disease
- Bacterial growth, physiology and bacterial diseases
- Dental health and disease
- Epidemiology in veterinary science
- Genetic diseases
- Haematology and blood biochemistry
- Inflammation and wound healing
- Introduction to parasitology
- Introduction to respiratory disease
- The immune system and Immunology
- Treatment and management of common diseases and disorders
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Identify common equine diseases and disorders
- Define laboratory techniques to identify common diseases and disorders
- Recognise management and treatment options for common diseases and disorders.
|Examination||In class test||50%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Higgins, A.J. and Synder, J.R. (2006) The Equine Manual (2nd edition). Elsevier
- Pavord, T. and Pavord, M. (2009) The complete equine veterinary manual: a comprehensive and instant guide to equine health (3rd edition). David and Charles.
- Equine Veterinary Education.
- Equine Veterinary Journal.
- The Veterinary Journal
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Equine Practice.
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Record