- Module code
- Module leader
- Matthew Smith
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 150 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 40 hours
- Teaching period
- Semester 2
The module has both rural and urban themes as follows:
- Rural: the role of the professions, ethical standards, office practice and compliance, careers and CVs and data analysis.
- Urban: Town and country planning and the NPPF, urban development, CPD and professional development, agency and marketing, landlord and tenant law, property investment and finance.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the role of CPD in professional development and reflective practice.
- Assemble a portfolio of CPD assignments presented in a professional manner.
- Apply knowledge and understanding to true to life scenarios and case study situations.
- Analyse their own professional development.
- Make decisions based on reasoned judgement and an analysis of their own CPD needs.
|CPD Portfolio 1||5 Assignments||10%|
|CPD Portfolio 2||3 Assignments||5%|
|Assignment 1||Selected from CPD Portfolio 1||25%|
|Assignment 2||Selected from CPD Portfolio 1||25%|
|Assignment 3||Selected from CPD Portfolio 2||25%|
|Rationales||Rationales for the choice of Assignment 1, 2 and 3||10%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Banfield, A. (2005) Stapleton’s Real Estate Management Practice. Routledge, Abingdon
- Gallent, N et al. (2015) Introduction to Rural Planning: Economies, Communities and Landscapes. Routledge, Abingdon.
- Glickman, E (2013) An Introduction to Real Estate Finance. Elsevier, Oxford.
- Greed, C. (2014) Planning in the UK: An Introduction. Palgrave, Basingstoke.
- Millington, A. (2000) Property Development. EG Books, London.
- Parsons, G. (2003) The Glossary of Property Terms. Routledge, Abingdon.
- Wood, D. et al. (2010) Law and the Built Environment. Wiley - Blackwell, Oxford.
- Estates Gazette
- Property Week
- RICS property Journal