The module will include:
- Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship;
- Sources of opportunity;
- Creativity and idea generation,
- Market Analysis
- Business model analysis;
- Crowdfunding as a source of customer interest;
- Corporate Governance & Company structure;
- Innovation basics; and
- Management structure.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- Develop start-up concepts which address an identifiable need or want for a specific customer(s).
- Explain the ‘value’ that these start-up concepts might create for the customer(s).
- Describe different validation frameworks which could be used to explore the potential of these venture concepts.
- Use the validation frameworks to test their start-up concepts.
- Communicate one start-up concept as an investable proposition.
|Presentation||Presentation of a start-up concept (10 Minutes)||40%|
|Report||Portfolio of key tasks to validate concept (2000 words)||60%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.