The module will include:
- Maths and statistical skills for business; revision of algebra and basic mathematical functions;
- Summarising data with histograms, bar charts, frequency distributions, measures of central tendency and dispersion;
- Spreadsheets: features and functions of commonly-used spreadsheet software including: workbook, worksheet, rows, columns, cells, data, text, formulae, formatting, printing, , charts and graphs, data management facilities;
- Probability: The relationship between probability, proportion and percent, addition and multiplication rules in probability theory and Venn diagrams;
- Common Probability Density Functions;
- Sampling and its use in inference, and applications of sampling in business management;
- Regression and correlation: scatter plots; simple regression; interpreting computer output;
- Forecasting using spreadsheets;
- Hypothesis testing using z-scores and t-scores; and
- Simulations- random number generation.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Analyse models and approaches which underpin knowledge management in organisational contexts;
- Identify sources of published statistics, understand their context and report on their wider relevance;
- Summarise and analyse data and present it effectively to others; and
- Use statistical techniques to draw inferences from quantitative data.
|Report||Report on the sources and models used in knowledge management (1000 words)||40%|
|Poster||Poster on data decision making (2000 words)||60%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.