The module will include:
- The key stages of the strategic marketing planning process;
- The marketing environment and internal analysis;
- Systematic customer and competitor analysis;
- Tools for strategic marketing decision making;
- Marketing objectives and strategies;
- Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning (STP);
- Brand management;
- Decisions for managing products and services;
- Decisions for managing pricing, distribution and promotion;
- Key principles of monitoring and control of marketing activities;
- International Marketing Strategies; and
- Social and ethical marketing strategies.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Critically evaluate the key issues in the organisation’s internal and external environment;
- Interpret relevant research information to inform, recommend and justify future strategic directions;
- Adopt planning tools and frameworks to develop marketing strategies for brands and services; and
- Apply strategic marketing thinking to a variety of real-world marketing contexts.
|Coursework||Marketing Audit (1500 Words)||50%|
|Report||Strategic Marketing Report (1500 words)||50%|
Assessments may differ in 2020/21 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.
- West, D., Ford, J., & Ibrahim, E. (2015). Strategic Marketing: Creating Competitive Advantag (3rd ed.). OUP Oxford.
- Drummond, G., Ensor, J., & Ashford, R. (2007). Strategic Marketing: Planning and Control (3rd ed.). Butterworth Heinemann.
- Hollensen, S. (2014). Marketing Management: A Relationship Approach (3rd ed.). Harlow: Pearson.
- Hooley, G., Piercy, N., Nicoulaud, B., & Rudd, J. (2017). Marketing Strategy and Competitive Positioning (6th ed.). Pearson.
- Kotler, P., Keller, K., Brady, M., Goodman, M., & Hansen, T. (2016). Marketing Management (3rd ed.). Pearson.