The module will focus on issues relating to the marketing environment, understanding the needs of the customer and the competition. We shall also look at brand strategy, pricing strategy, how offerings are managed and then on to more specialised areas of marketing.
Current theories and strategies will provide a platform for learning and students will analyse these in case studies to see how they perform across a variety of business sectors
To achieve credit for this module, students must demonstrate:
- An understanding and application of the key principles of marketing and how they inform organisational decision making;
- Application of marketing management theory and strategy within different business organisations;
- An understanding of marketing techniques and practices.
Assessments may differ in 2020/21 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.
Students should be familiar with the content of the following recommended key marketing texts:
- Kotler, P. and Keller, K.L. (2016). Marketing management, 15th ed. Pearson Education.
- Palmer, A., (2012) Introduction to Marketing: theory and practice (3rd ed.). Oxford University Press.
- Jobber, D., & Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2012). Principles and practice of marketing (7th edition). McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- Brassington, F., & Pettitt, S. (2006). Principles of marketing (4th edition). Pearson Education.
- Dibb, S., Simkin, L., Pride, W. M., & Ferrell, O. C. (2006). Marketing: Concepts and strategies (5th edition). Houghton Mifflin.