This module is delivered in three major units:
- The application of traditional and contemporary valuation approaches and methods in the provision of professional practice valuations for sale, purchase, mortgage, taxation and insurance purposes
- The effects of Housing Acts, Rent Act, Landlord and Tenant legislation and Agricultural Holdings legislation on property values and valuation practice.
- RICS Valuation – Professional Standards
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Identify, select and explain appropriate methods and techniques for the valuation of a range of property types and interests
- Calculate and report valuations of a range of property types and interests for different specified statutory and commercial purposes.
- Make adjustments to, and compensate for, the impact of legislation on property values.
- Conform to statutory and regulatory measures and explain the responsibilities of valuers.
|Examination||Unseen exam (2 hours)||40%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.