- Agricultural commodity marketing.
- World and UK markets of produce and inputs.
- Hedging, Options, Futures, Contracts.
- Risk analysis.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Develop strategies for maximising price and minimising risk when trading commodities (8.1.1) (8.2.3).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mechanisms of trading agricultural commodities (8.1.1) and an awareness of their current values and positions.
- Demonstrate awareness of the likely gains and losses possible when storing, holding and trading agricultural commodities (8.1.2) (8.3.3).
|Coursework||2 x Projects on marketing produce and buying of inputs. (1 x practical exercise, 1 x essay)||75%|
|Examination||1 x 1.5 hour exam||25%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- HGCA website
- Market Updates