- Module code
- Module leader
- Tom Overbury
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 150 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 10 hours
- Teaching period
- June – April
Students will compile a personal development portfolio over the period. This will include a statutory minimum of 10 weeks work related learning experience over the Summer vacation. A minimum of 2 weeks must be spent off the home farm. Other learning experiences will enable the student to build up the portfolio of evidence.
Competence in the role chosen for the work based period.
Personal reflection of achievements.
Advice and assistance from designated mentor.
Successful completion of the portfolio in an acceptable form will demonstrate competence in word processing and communication skills, report writing and other transferable skills.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Work in an independent and autonomous way.
- Carry out a risk assessment based on a particular farm or enterprise.
- Provide evidence of competence in the role assigned or chosen in the work based learning environment.
- Assess themselves in a work situation, and demonstrate how they would improve their performance, with collaboration from mentor.
|Coursework||1 x portfolio of achievement||100%|