In today’s business environment organisations are subject to the influence and impact of the digital environment. This module has been designed to provide students at Level 5 with a solid grounding in the nature and issues faced by businesses in a technologically connected world. The module provides students with a comprehensive introduction to the concepts of e-commerce, e-business and omnichannel with a particular emphasis on developing e-marketing strategies.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and techniques of e-commerce and e-business and omnichannel.
- Discriminate between the variety of business strategies and business models available for the delivery of products and services to customers
- Appraise, analyse and evaluate the different techniques involved in delivering a superior digital marketing strategy.
|Coursework||Written Development Plan||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Chaffey, D. (2015) Digital business and e-commerce management: strategy, implementation and practice. 6th ed. Pearson.
- Chaffey, D. and Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2016) Digital marketing. 6th ed. Pearson.
- Charlesworth, A. (2014) Digital Marketing: a practical approach. 2nd ed. Routledge.
- Ryan, D. (2014) Understanding digital marketing: marketing strategies for engaging the digital generation. 3rd ed. Kogan Page.
- LAUDON, K.C., and LAUDON, J.P. (2016) Management information systems: managing the digital firm.14th ed. Pearson Education Limited.
- Wilson, H. Street, R. and Bruce, L., (2008). The Multichannel Challenge: Integrating Customer Experiences for Profit. Taylor & Francis.