- Module code
- Module leader
- Dr Carol Zhang
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 150 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 15 hours
- Teaching period
- Semester 1 and 2
The module is a student led, independent study of a business or enterprise related topic. The student will identify a topic, carry out relevant and appropriate research about it and present their findings. The content of the module will include how to research existing knowledge about the topic, how to conduct research, analysis of the data obtained and the presentation of the results in a manner suitable for a business audience.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Identify a current business or enterprise related topic and produce a research proposal to demonstrate how it can be researched within the time and resource constraints
- Carry out research in to a specific business or enterprise topic and analyse the findings in an effective manner
- Present the results of the research in a report format.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence whilst carrying out the research project
|Coursework||Research project proposal (500 words)||20%|
|Coursework||Research project written report (3500 words)||80%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following
- Beech, J. (2015) Doing your business research project. SAGE Publications
- Bryman, A. and Bell, E. (2015) Business research methods. 4th edn. Oxford University Press
- Lee, N. and Lings, I. (2008) Doing business research: a guide to theory and practice. Sage Publications.