The module will include:
- The development of the role of selling in marketing;
- Success factors for professional salespeople;
- Sales techniques;
- Buyer behaviour;
- Sales and marketing planning;
- Key and strategic account management and planning;
- Recruitment and selection;
- Motivating and territory planning; and
- Sales control.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Appraise the process of conducting a successful sales interaction;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the business to business sales process;
- Evaluate a chosen company/product and communicate the strengths of the company/product to interested shareholders, stakeholders and customers;
- Categorise the need for account/key account management within the sales team and how these resources are to be deployed; and
- Understand the principles of managing the customer experience and journey in the context of an organisation.
|Coursework||Role Play of a sales situation (10 minutes)||30%|
|Coursework 2||Sales Plan (2000 words)||70%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.