The most current issues within the equine industry are discussed. Leading experts are invited to speak on the latest developments in horseracing, competition horse sports, breeding, welfare, training and other key national and international equine matters.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate critical analysis and original interpretation of the very latest issues and developments to affect the international and domestic equine industry.
- Demonstrate original and well-argued recommendations for equine industry development based on thorough review of current strengths and weaknesses.
|Examination||Unseen exam (1.5 hours)||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- British Equestrian Trade Association (2011) The National Equestrian Survey
- British Horse Industry Confederation (2005) Strategy for the Horse Industry in England and Wales
- Directory of the Turf (2011) Directory of the turf 2011 Tomorrow's Guides
- Warwickshire College and Bacon, R. (ed.) (2005) Equine business guide 5th edn. Warwickshire College