- Module code
- Module leader
- Peter Smith
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 150 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 23 hours
- Teaching period
- Semester 1
The module content will reflect the syllabus in other core modules:
Introduction to the brief, visiting the subject property; examination of the legal issues; town and country planning and development considerations; search for and analysis of market sales and rental evidence; valuation for existing use; gross development value of proposed development/change of use; researching the local market for potential uses; environmental and sustainability issues-including energy performance of buildings; marketing of property to find tenants, and prospective purchasers, as appropriate; report writing.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Produce a report, which synthesises information from a wide range of sources in the field of property agency and management.
- Demonstrate an ability to use critical, analytical and creative skills to address practical problems relating to real estate management and sales.
- Critically evaluate evidence and alternative points of view, and be able to reconcile differences of opinion while constructing reasoned arguments of their own.
|Coursework||1 x project; written submission assessed on an individual basis.||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of the following:
- Cotswold District Council. Planning policies online at : http://www.cotswold.gov.uk/planning-building/planning/
- Duxbury, R.M.C. (2012) Telling & Duxbury's planning law and procedure.15th ed. OUP.
- Syms, P. (2010) Land, Development and Design. , 2nd ed, Blackwell.
- Scarrett, D. (2011) Property Asset Management, 3rd ed, Routledge.
- Garner, S. and Frith, A. (2013). A Practical Approach to Landlord and Tenant. (7th edition). Oxford University Press.
- Millington, A.F. (2000). Property Development. Estates Gazette.
- Scarrett, D. and Osborne, S. (2014) Property Valuation-the five methods, 3rd ed, Routledge
- RICS isurv [online] through the Library Portal- Electronic Resources- at: http://www.isurv.com/
- BCIS (Building Costs Information Service) [online] through the Library Portal- Electronic Resources- at: https://gateway.rau.ac.uk/mod/page/view.php?id=25049
- Estates Gazette Interactive [online] available through the Library Portal-Electronic Resources- requires RAU [username and password]
- CoStar [online] at http://www.costar.co.uk/ Requires username and password. Email email@example.com