This module is delivered in three major units:
- Traditional and contemporary management approaches and strategies: adapting these methods to enable proficient practice management in a chartered surveying practice.
- Setting objectives: how to manage resources to achieve personal and corporate development, i.e. core values, professional ethics and conduct, development of trust and professional and technical skills development.
- Analysis of core operational issues and resources in a surveying practice: People; administration; marketing a practice; growing a real estate business; complying with legislation and regulation.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Understand the requirements embedded within practice planning to enable a business plan to be developed for a chartered surveying practice
- Critically analyse the requirements of client relationship management in the context of a property surveying practice
- Evaluate the financial performance of an existing surveying firm and understand how to audit the external and internal variables of that practice.
- Understand the impact of legislation and regulation on a surveying practice.
- Analyse core operational resources, including, people; administration; marketing; property, finance and capital
|Coursework||Business plan report (3000 words)||100%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.