Most of the module lectures are used to prepare students for the assessment of this module. For the assessment, students are asked to create an original product idea or service. The assessment consists of four key elements; a group business proposal, a group pitch to a panel of guest experts from the industry, a self-reflection and peer assessment. In preparing the business proposal and pitch, students are required to use problem solving skills to scope and identify potential target markets, prepare a launch & marketing campaign and prepare financial forecasts. Lectures are focused on all aspects of the business proposal process including team-building and resource management skills.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Use ‘ideas’ creation tools to formulate a new product or service concept.
- Use team-building exercises to form an effective working group
- To scope and identify a target market for a new product or service and to create a marketing plan to reach the target market identified
- To prepare financial forecasts and quantify the capital required
- Working as a team, to produce a fully costed business proposal and product pitch which is delivered to an external panel from the equine industry.
|Coursework||Product Pitch & Business Proposal||100%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.