Honours Research Project and Dissertation
- Module code
- Module leader
- Yaqub Murray
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 300 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 15 hours
- Teaching period
The purpose, content and production of a written research proposal (this may be carried through from 2035 and/or placement). Working with an agreed supervisor (agreed with module leader and supervisor), the student will conduct an appropriate, original research project and prepare a fully referenced account of that research in a dissertation format acceptable to the University.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Produce a written research proposal.
- Plan, execute and report a research project to undergraduate standard.
- Critically engage the research topic using appropriate methodology.
- Discuss the data obtained in relation to the wider context of the research enquiry
|Coursework||1 x Research Proposal and Dissertation||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of the following:
- Royal Agricultural University Undergraduate Dissertation Guidance.
- Collis, J. and Hussey, R. (2009). Business Research: A Practical Guide for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students. (3rd edition). Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Greetham, B. (2008). How to Write Better Essays. (2nd edition). Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.