The module will include:
- The Entrepreneurial Process;
- The Business Planning Process;
- Opportunity Recognition;
- Defining your Customers;
- Developing your Business Model;
- Industry and Competitor Analysis;
- Raising Finance - loans, grants, crowd funding, share options and angels;
- Building a Founding team;
- Reality Check on your concept; and
- Entrepreneurial Marketing.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Create an innovative business venture and apply key areas of a business model to evaluate critically its potential viability and long-term sustainability;
- Analyse the risks facing start-up growth and success, and evaluate a range of strategic decisions to maximise the viability of an innovative enterprise;
- Develop a critical awareness of theories underlying the growth and development of enterprises; and
- Apply theory to practice by leveraging insights for the development of an innovative enterprise.
|Coursework||Pitch a business concept (15 minutes)||40%|
|Coursework||Business Plan (2000 words)||60%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.