- Record keeping, accounting and finance for farming businesses
- Farm business appraisal
- Farm planning and budgeting (including labour and machinery)
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Understand how to administer and manage the finances of a farming business
- Evaluate performance of farm enterprises and the overall farming business against appropriate benchmarking standards
- Draw up plans and budgets and appreciate the constraints and opportunities set by physical resources and legal requirements (including those imposed by participation in government schemes)
|Examination||In-class test (on finance)||40%|
Students should be familiar with the content of the following:
- Turner, J.T. and Taylor, M. (1998). Applied Farm Management. (2nd edition). Blackwell Science Ltd. Oxford. (Note this is out of print but several copies are available in the library).
- Nix, J.S. (annual). Farm Management Pocketbook. Andersons Centre, Melton Mowbray.