- Advanced equine diseases including notifiable and exotic diseases
- Developments in equine immunology and vaccinations
- Musculoskeletal injuries and treatment options
- Equine respiratory diseases
- Veterinary diagnostic techniques, conventional and alternative treatments, owner responsibilities and legal limitations
- Other equine diseases of topical relevance
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
Select appropriate strategies to manage equine health and disease;
Critically appraise management strategies for prehabilitation or rehabilitation of equine diseases and disorders;
Evaluate the risk of injury and disease in the performance horse;
Analyse veterinary procedures applied to the horse in terms of legal, ethical and welfare considerations.
|Examination||Seen exam (3 hours)||100%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.