Advanced Residential Agency, Development and Investment is a level 6 final year elective module. The module content will mainly focus on sales of dwelling houses from a vendor’s perspective, and not a purchaser. Students will study the history of vernacular architecture, and the dating of buildings, methods of sale (including auction, tender, and private treaty) lettings, and marketing of residential property, and be introduced to the selling of more complex residential properties such as country homes sold with land, and the sales of dwelling houses held on a long lease. Students will also be expected to develop their understanding of the need for monitoring and improving energy efficiency of residential buildings and the need to reduce CO2 emissions.
Students will also be introduced to land acquisition and procurement, and the valuation of sites designated for the development of new homes. Learners will also explore the marketing and sales of new homes, including selling properties ‘off plan’.
Selling of residential property investments such as ‘buy-to-let’ properties.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Advise on a marketing strategy, for sale and letting purposes, of a range of different types of dwelling house, including town houses, new homes, and country houses sold with land.
- Examine and apply the appropriate administration procedures for the sale or letting of residential property, and preparation of the relevant documentation following receipt of instructions from a client.
- Identify the age and architectural style of residential buildings, and analyse the impact on market value, and market rent.
- Analyse the implications of the key statutory framework and the concomitant legal obligations imposed on agents in carrying out their normal duties.
- Apply the appropriate advice to a client seeking to dispose of and acquire buy-to-let property as part of a portfolio of residential property.
- Evaluate the various processes and procedures for the identification, procurement, and valuation of a residential development site.
|Coursework||Viva on the subject of the written report||30%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.