A basic concept to any equine related business is the knowledge of how to sell and to negotiate. The nature of negotiation, including the various negotiating stages, the legal effect of negotiation and the strategies, tactics, behind negotiation. The skill of negotiation will be set against the basis of the law of the relevant laws in the UK and also the context of the various equine related industries. The module will give theoretical and practical experience to how a successful negotiation is carried out.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Identify the different methods of trading in the UK
- Identify the legal basis behind negotiating and the areas where negotiating can affect an equine related business
- Describe the mechanics and dynamics of a successful negotiation.
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate and close a deal, act professionally and achieve successful business objectives.
|Coursework||1 x professional role play - the negotiating process of selling and buying||100%|
- Lenhart, K. (2013). Getting to Yes: Negotiation Skills and Strategies. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Ury, W., Fisher, R. and Patton, B. (ed.) (2012). Getting to Yes: Negotiating an Agreement Without Giving In. (3rd edition). Random House Business Books
- Fells, R. (2009). Effective Negotiation: From Research to Results. Cambridge University Press. Available from RAU Library electronic resources website via Dawsonera.