Principles of communication, presentation skills, agricultural journalism, written and audio-visual critique, television commentary and presentation skills, television presentation and production, publishing, public relations, media commercial structure.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Write an analytical, well-argued journalistic article based on current news.
- Critically appraise techniques for public relations.
- Critically analyse the impact of the Press and Media on Society, commercial entities and individuals.
- Present an in depth analysis of the various types of communication involved in the modern press, media and social media.
|Coursework 2||Press release (one page document)||30%|
Assessments may differ in 2020/21 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.
- Arnold, O’Sullivan, Dutton, Rayner (2003). Studying the Media. Arnold Publishing.
- Bell, E. and Alden, C. (2004). The Media Directory. Media Guardian, Arnold Publishing.
- Henslowe, P. (2001). Kogan Page Public Relations. Kogan Page Ltd.
- Llewellyn (2001). A Career Handbook for TV, Radio, Film, Video and Interactive Media. A & C Black.
- Rowson, P. (2001). Building a Positive Media Profile. Rowmark Ltd.
- Simmons, B. (1995). How to get into Radio. How to Books Ltd.