The module builds on the students’ existing knowledge and understanding of development but builds on it with application to a true-to life case study experience in which students have to prepare a development appraisal report but also reflect upon their own professional practice in doing so.
The topics covered will include a module introduction, definitions, the development and appraisal process, reporting, financial and non-financial appraisal, traditional and contemporary development appraisal and related issues of professional practice including problem solving and personal reflection and self-development.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Prepare a development appraisal report to an appropriate professional standard.
- Apply both traditional and contemporary analytical and valuation skills to both financial and non-financial appraisal.
- Evidence problem solving skills through reasoned recommendations and justification for them.
- Critically reflect upon their own professional practice in preparing the case study
|Coursework 1||Appraisal Report||70%|
Assessments may differ in 2020/21 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.
- Issac, D. et al (2016) Property Development Appraisal and Finance (3rd Ed). London, Palgrave.
- Reed, R. & Sims, S. (2015) Property Development (6th Ed). Abingdon, Routledge
- Millington, A.F. (2014) An Introduction to Property Valuation. Abingdon, Routledge
- Heyward, R. (2008) Valuation: Principles into Practice (6th Ed). London, EG Books
- Harvard, T. (2014) Financial Feasibility Studies for Property Development. Abingdon, Routledge
- Shapiro, E. et al. (2013) Modern Methods of Valuation (11th Ed). Abingdon, Routledge