The dissertation may be a conceptual piece or may be based on the analysis of existing or new data sets. The students are required to produce an acceptable, detailed research proposal, a completed research ethics form and a health and safety statement before progressing to the main stages of their study. Detailed guidance on the requirements of the dissertation/project, teaching content, assessment briefs will be provided on the 3300 Gateway page under the relevant content tab.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Develop a detailed research proposal that presents a well-developed research aim(s) supported by clear research objectives
- Identify and respond to ethical considerations and limitations relating to the dissertation/project.
- Determine and apply appropriate methods to gather, process, present and interpret research data.
- Critically review and synthesise the work of others in the field of inquiry and discuss these in the context of the results analysed within this study.
- Critically evaluate the conduct and outcomes of the research and develop conclusions and recommendations that are reliable and well-supported by the research undertaken.
|Coursework||5-10 minute presentation to a progress seminar||10%|
|Coursework||Dissertation / report (12,000 words max) or equivalent||90%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.