The module will include:
- An Introduction to the Frankfurt School of Critical Theory and the Idea of Critical Discourse;
- Neo-liberal Capitalism, Globalisation and Contemporary Challenges; and
- As leader how do we incorporate UN Sustainable Development Goals in our practice.
Students will then have an opportunity to develop and deliver facilitated Seminars on a broad range of topics aligned to the themes of the module.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Research and facilitate a seminar on a self-identified contemporary challenge;
- Evaluate a selected contemporary challenge for which a rationale and argument is convincingly made;
- Synthesise information from a range of contemporary challenges explored in the module; and
- Demonstrate the capacity to organise learning responsibilities in the design of an effective self-study.
|Presentation||Group presentation and role play of a contemporary business challenge (15 minutes)||50%|
|Report||Individual report detailing a contemporary challenge (1500 words)||50%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.