The aim of this module is to support students to develop the skills and capabilities which are necessary to create sustainable rural ventures. The module will be appropriate for those students with an interest in self-employment and entrepreneurship but, who have not previously studied these topics and their contributing elements from other disciplines.
The module covers a range of topics linked to the establishment of a new venture, with a particular focus on rural SMEs. This includes the following: idea generation and validation, concept testing, business modelling, market analysis, market forecasting, sales and marketing, financial planning and documentation, funding, law, operations and risk analysis.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Design an innovative rural business venture using an appropriate model
- Demonstrate how the model addresses an identifiable need or want for a specific customer(s)
- Apply key theories and models which underpin the development of business ventures
- Analyse a range of data to validate a business venture
- Develop a reasoned plan to take a business venture to market
|Coursework 1||Business model 500 words||30%|
|Coursework 2||Business plan 3,000 words||70%|
Assessments may differ in 2021/22 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.