- Module code
- Module leader
- Karen Czapiewski
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 100 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 20 hours
- Teaching period
- Term 1
Introduction to financial statements. Interpretation of financial statements and other financial data. Measuring and reporting sustainability. Working capital management.
Nature and scope of management accounting. Introduction to the different costing models. Cost-Volume-Profit analysis. Relevant costs and short-term decisions. Capital Investment Appraisal.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of financial statements.
- Critically evaluate management accounting techniques.
- Critically evaluate business performance, through ratio analysis.
- Achieve a critical understanding of sustainability reporting.
|Coursework||1 x individual written piece of coursework||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of the following:
- Atrill, P. and McLaney, E. (2013). Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists. 8th Ed. Pearson Education
- Arnold, G. (2013) Corporate Financial Management. 5th edition. Pearson Education
- Seal, W., Garrison, R. and Noreen, E. (2013) Management Accounting, (4th edition), London:McGrawHill