Choose a suitable research enquiry, plan a research strategy, review and appraise relevant literature. Decide on the most appropriate methods of collecting data and information. Manipulate and analyse data and information. Arrive at suitable conclusions and make appropriate recommendations. Provide self-reflection.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Understand and evaluate different research methodologies
- Produce a research proposal
- Apply relevant research methods to carry out the research enquiry
- Locate and critically appraise relevant literature and data and produce a bibliographically based dissertation
- Make use of information technology to analyse and manipulate data, present tables, graphs and diagrams, and word process the dissertation.
- Demonstrate independence of thought and the ability to learn through self reliance
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to manage project work effectively
- Conduct and report original research written for an academic audience
- Develop skills of self- reflection
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Bryman, A. and Bell, E. (2011) Business research methods. 3rd edn. Oxford University Press.
- Creswell, J.W. (2013) Research design: qualitative, quantitative and mixed method approaches. 4th edn. Sage Publications.