International Marketing Management
- Module code
- Module leader
- Dr Codrin Chiru
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 100 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 20 hours
- Teaching period
- Semester 1
The Global Marketing Environment, marketing Strategic Planning, capturing market Insights and Consumers’ understanding, Brand Strategy (Re)Branding, Brand Value Chain, New Product Development, Holistic Communication, Shopper marketing and marketing ROI.
International case studies and examples (most of them taken from the global agribusiness industry) will be explored and discussed during tutorials.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the importance of the role of marketing both within the organisation and in an increasingly competitive and dynamic global environment;
- Critically evaluate international marketing case studies and academic journal articles;
- Elaborate an individually professional written marketing plan;
- Evaluate and present findings to an audience during tutorials, as part of a group.
|Coursework||Individual marketing plan||75%|
Students should be familiar with the content of the following:
- Kotler, P. and Keller, K.L. (2012) Marketing management, 14th ed., Global Edition. Pearson Education
- Solomon, M. R., Bamossy, G., Askegaard, S. and Hogg, M.K. (2013) Consumer Behaviour: a European perspective, 5th ed. Prentice Hall
- Lindgreen, A., Hingley, M., Harness, D. and Custance, P. (eds) (2010) Market Orientation: transforming food and agribusiness around the customer. Gower Publishing
- Journal of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing
- Journal of International Marketing
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- The European Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Consumer Behaviour.
- The Economist, The Harvard Business Review, The Grocer, Business Week, Marketing and Marketing Week.