- Business models and the nature of sustainable strategic change.
- Corporate purpose, values, mission and objectives.
- Business environmental appraisal.
- Evaluating an organisation’s internal resources and capabilities.
- Sustainability and the triple-bottom-line.
- Identify key strategic issues for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Growth strategies and theories for SMEs and large corporates, allowing to sustain competitive advantage.
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Provide critical analysis of trends in the external environment and identify implications for decision makers in organisations.
- Critically evaluate the internal company situation with focus on examining important factors of competitive advantage.
- Outline the business model and how sustainability is / could be integrated in business operations and strategy.
- Compare a range of feasible strategic options for sustainable business development and justify recommendations in line with the UN sustainable development goals.
- Analyse options for the implementation of strategic decisions, and provide a robust defence of recommendations.
|Report||A critical essay discussing options for further development of a real organisation. (3000 words)||100%|
Assessments may differ in 2020/21 due to adjustments for Covid-19. Please check Gateway for the latest regulations.
- Johnson, G., Scholes, K. and Whittington, R. (2020). Exploring Strategy. (12th edition). F.T. Prentice Hall.
- Lynch, R. (2018). Strategic Management. 8th edition. Pearson.
- Grant, R. M. (2016). Contemporary strategy analysis. 9th edition. Wiley.