- Dr Rhiannon Naylor
- Post-graduate fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- A research associate at the Countryside and Community Reserach Institute, based at the University of Gloucestershire.
- Farmer behaviour and decision making
- Biosecurity and livestock disease management
- Environmental management
- Rural development
Current research projects
- A study to explore the effectiveness of on-farm biosecurity measures to reduce contact between badgers and cattle to include knowledge sharing and dissemination.
- Social science study to accompany the Badger Vaccine Deployment Programme.
- Rural Policy
- Rural Planning
- Rural Development
- Environmental Management
- Hamilton-Webb, A., Manning, L., Naylor, R., & Conway, J. (2016). The relationship between risk experience and risk response: a study of farmers and climate change. Journal of Risk Research, 1-15.
- Naylor, R., Manley, W., Maye, D., Enticott, G., Ilbery, B. and Hamilton-Webb, A. (2017) The framing of public knowledge controversies in the media: a comparative analysis of the portrayal of badger vaccination in the English national, regional and farming press. Sociologia Ruralis. 57(1); 3-22
- Hamilton-Webb, A., Naylor, R., Little, R. and Maye, D. (2016) Compensation and exotic livestock disease management: The views of animal keepers and veterinarians in England. Veterinary Record. doi:10.1136/vr.103571
- Broughan, J.M., Maye, D., Carmody, P., Brunton, L.A., Ashton, A., Wint, W., Alexander, N., Naylor, R., Ward, K., Goodchild, A.V., Hinchliffe, S., Eglin, R.D., Upton, P., Nicholson, R. and Enticott, G. (2016) Farm characteristics and farmer perceptions associated with bovine tuberculosis incidents in areas of emerging endemic spread. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 129:88-98
- Naylor, R., Hamilton-Webb, A., Little, R. and Maye, D. (2016) The ‘good farmer’: farmer identities and the control of exotic livestock disease in England. Sociologia Ruralis doi: 10.1111/soru.12127 Online here.
- Enticott, G., Maye, D., Carmody, P., Naylor, R., Ward, K., Hinchliffe, S., Wint, W., Alexander, N., Elgin, R., Ashton, A., Upton, P., Nicholson, R., Goodchild, T., Brunton, L. and Broughan, J. (2015) Farming on the edge: farmer attitudes to bovine tuberculosis in newly endemic areas. Veterinary Record, 177 (17). p. 439. ISSN 0042-4900 Online here.
- Maye, D., Enticott, G., Naylor, R., Ilbery, B. and Kirwan, J. (2014) Animal disease and narratives of nature: Farmers' reactions to the neoliberal governance of bovine Tuberculosis. Journal of Rural Studies, 36. pp. 401-410. ISSN 07430167 Online here.
- Enticott, G., Maye, D., Fisher, R., Ilbery, B. and Kirwan, J. (2014) Badger vaccination: dimensions of trust and confidence in the governance of animal disease. Environment and Planning A, 46 (12). pp. 2881-2897. ISSN 0308-518X Online here.
- Fisher, R., Maye, D., Ilbery, B., Enticott, G. and Kirwan, J. (2014) Researching controversial and sensitive issues: using visual vignettes to explore farmers’ attitudes towards the control of bovine tuberculosis in England. Area, 46.3, pp. 285-293. doi: 10.1111/area.12113 Online here.
- Fisher, R. and Courtney, P. (2014) Exploring the social context of risk perception and behaviour: Farmers’ responses to bovine tuberculosis. Geoforum. 57: 48-56
- Maye, D., Enticott, G., Ilbery, B., Fisher, R. and Kirwan, J. (2013) Assessing farmer confidence in badger vaccination: some findings from a survey of cattle farmers in England. Journal of Rural and Community Development, 8 (3), 49-64.
- Curry, N. and Fisher, R. (2013) Being, belonging and bestowing: differing degrees of community involvement amongst rural elders in England and Wales. European Journal of Ageing, DOI 10.1007/s10433-013-0277-5
- Fisher, R (2013). 'A gentleman's handshake': The role of social capital and trust in transforming information into usable knowledge. Journal of Rural Studies. 31: 13-22
- Enticott, G., Maye, D., Ilbery, B., Fisher, R. and Kirwan, J. (2012) Farmers' confidence in vaccinating badgers against bovine Tuberculosis. Veterinary Record. Published Online First: 11 January 2012 doi:10.1136/vr.100079.
- Fisher, R. Maye, D., Ilbery, B., Enticott, G. and Kirwan, J. (2012) The spatial distribution of bovine tuberculosis in England. Geography. 97 (2), 68-77
- Curry, N. and Fisher, R (2012 ) The Role of Trust in the Development of Connectivities Amongst Rural Elders in England and Wales, Journal of Rural Studies. 28: 358-370
- Fisher, R., Short, S., Hamilton-Webb, A., and Mills, J. (2013) A new approach to grazing in the Cotswolds NIAs. Report to the Cotswolds Conservation Board.
- Ingram, J., Short, C., Gaskell, P., Mills, J., Lewis, N., Clark, M., Dennis, E., Fisher, R., and Owen, I. (2009) Entry and exit from agri-environmental schemes in Wales, Final Report for Welsh Assembly Government.
- Fisher, R. (2013) Contested knowledge claims: examining farmer understandings of wildlife control options for bovine TB. European Society of Rural Sociology Congress, Florence, July.
- Fisher, R. (2013) From changing attitudes to changing behaviour: farmers’ response to bovine tuberculosis. RGS-IBG International Conference, London, August.
- Fisher, R. (2013) Using PeerWise as an innovative approach to teaching. Higher Educational Academy STEM annual conference. Birmingham
- Fisher, R. (2012) The role of social capital in increasing farmers' response capacity: the case of bovine tuberculosis. RGS-IBG Conference, Edinburgh, June