I have 20 years’ consultancy, advisory and knowledge exchange experience in the food, farming and environmental sector. I also practise what I preach on my own award-winning organic farm in the Cotswolds see www.conygreefarm.co.uk.
I joined the RAU in 2014 as a Senior Lecturer. I am Programme Manager for the MSc in Business Management and teach farm business management, rural business diversification, agricultural marketing, sustainable agriculture and rural tourism.
I aim to support and inspire tomorrow's entrepreneurs, enterprising farmers and passionate conservationists. I am particularly interested in the policy and practice of sustainable food systems, agro-ecology and holistic land management; and the range of economic, social and environmental goods that farming and rural enterprise can produce.
- Programme Manager: MSc Business Management
- Personal Tutor: UG and PG students
- Staff Representative: Student Affairs and Liaison Committee
- Member: Catalyst Programme Development Team
- Member: Academic Board
- Higher Education Academy (HEA) - Fellow
- Institute of Agricultural Management (IAgrM) - Member
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) - Member
- National Trust tenant on a 74ha organic farm in the Cotswolds working with my wife and 3 children
- Producer Member and Director of the Pasture Fed Livestock Association – promoting sustainable 100% grass fed meat and milk
- Nuffield Farming Scholar 2015 – there is always more to learn!