- Lucy was appointed as Deputy Vice Chancellor in March 2018. Her portfolio includes assisting the Vice Chancellor and taking a strategic lead for teaching, learning and research.
- Lucy’s appointment followed a period of time at University of South Wales as Dean in the Faculty of Computing Engineering and Science. She started her career as an Environmental Health Officer in Merseyside after graduating from University of Salford with an Environmental Science Degree.
- She then completed an M.Sc Eng in Tropical Public Health Engineering at University of Leeds and was appointed to her first academic role as a lecturer in Environmental Health at Bristol Polytechnic in 1991.
- Since then, she has worked in a number of Higher Education Institutions including Bath Spa University, University of Bristol and University of the West of England Bristol. Her PhD focussed on the consumer as a cause of food poisoning in the domestic environment.
- She is a Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Environmental Health, a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy as well as a Fellow of the Leadership Foundation.
- She has extensive experience of academic leadership at a variety of levels and is passionate at about working with staff and students to co-create an excellent working and learning environment.
- When she is not working, she has two teenage girls who keep her pretty busy and spends time in the outdoors, sailing, kayaking, mountaineering and skiing.