- Matthew Rogers-Draycott
I’m a lecturer in Entrepreneurship here at the RAU, I am also the Programme Manager for our BSc programmes: International Business Management, Agri-Food Business Management, and Rural Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
Over the last 16 years I’ve worked internationally as an entrepreneurship educator and course leader in a wide variety of institutions. Through this work I have focused my practice on the delivery of immersive learning experiences focused on the creation and growth of ventures. In addition to this I have started and grown my own companies, mentored numerous businesses and develop programmes to support both social and educational mobility through entrepreneurial practice. At the RAU I bring this experience to bear on a number of courses to encourage our students to act entrepreneurially as a strategy to succeed in a rapidly changing economy.
My research interests lie in two distinct areas: the role of the family and their influence on the practice of entrepreneurship and the design, delivery and impact of entrepreneurial education programmes, particularly those that focus on the creation of new ventures.
- Enterprise Education
- Impact of Family Businesses
- Venture Creation Programmes
- 1236 Entrepreneur in action
- 1238 Being enterprising
- 2232 Entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and enterprise development
- 2312 Entrepreneurship opportunity in action
- 3011 Rural Business Diversification
- 3084 Entrepreneurship
- 4232 Business Development
- 4408 Delivering Growth through Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Rogers-Draycott, M.C. and Hope, C. (2018) “The Entrepreneurial Medic”, Presented at IEEC in Leeds.
- Bozward, D. & Rogers-Draycott, M.C. (2017) Value Creation Programmes: Lessons from an Early Stage Implementation. In: ISBE Conference 2017, 8th -9th November, Belfast.
- Bozward, D. and Rogers-Draycott, M.C. (2017) “Developing a Staged Competency Based Approach to Enterprise Creation”. In: 10th International Conference for Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Regional Development, 31st August - 1st September, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Draycott, M.C. (2013) “Embedding Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in a University Context”. In Bradley, M. & Oram, D. (2013) Embedding Enterprise and Entrepreneurship: A Step in the Right Direction, Wordscapes, London.
- Jones, C. and Draycott, M.C. (2012) “Online Enterprise: Getting Closer to Reality” Presented at ICSB2012 in Wellington.
- Draycott, M.C., Rae, D. and Vause, K. (2011) “The Assessment of Enterprise in The Secondary Sector” Education and Training, Vol. 53, Iss: 8/9, pp.673-691.
- Draycott, M.C. and Smith, K. (2011) “What Next? New and Emerging Technology for Enterprise Educators”, Presented at IEEC in Coventry.
- Draycott, M.C. and Rae, D. (2011) “Enterprise Education in Schools and The Role of Competency Frameworks”, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research, Vol. 17, Iss: 2, pp.127-145.
- Draycott, M.C. and Tunstall, R. (2010) “The Use of Simulation Games in Enterprise Education”, Presented at IEEC in Cardiff.