Support the Cirencester Fund
The RAU is synonymous with excellence and our graduates go on to play leadership roles in the land-based industries across the globe. But government support is increasingly limited and today’s students face a greater financial challenge than ever before. And that is why today we are asking our alumni to join together to contribute to the Cirencester Fund.
The Fund seeks to raise additional resource each year to be used exclusively for our students. To ensure they get just as much from their time at ‘Cirencester’ as their predecessors did, despite the considerable financial commitment many must now undertake.
In 2015-16, the Cirencester Fund will seek to support the provision of a new TourTalk system for Harnhill and busaries for the new MSc in Agritechnology.
TourTalk is a portable wireless audio system and hands-free presenting system that enables lecturers to be clearly heard across a field, yard or riding arena, in a hailstorm in February, in a lambing shed or a milking parlour. It means that students won't miss a word and lecturers don't have to shout - making it a versatile and valuable teaching tool.
The MSC Agritech bursaries will support 5 current RAU students to move straight from their undergraduate degrees onto an MSc programme, encouraging our "home-grown" talent to continue their education.
To read more about the Cirencester Fund ambitions for this year, download the brochure here.
By contributing to the Cirencester Fund, you can help us:
- Develop young talent
- Reward and promote excellence
- Invest in the future of the land-based industries
Enrich the Experience
- Secure good quality of life and first rate pastoral support
- Deliver exceptional facilities for sports and leisure
- Provide additional project funds for the SU
- Build skills and enhance understanding
- Cultivate creative thinking
- Offer opportunities to grow
Address Areas of Greatest Need
- Ensure flexibility to meet unexpected challenges head on
- Support individual cases of hardship
- Enable us to look to the future
Strength in Numbers
By contributing a regular gift or a one-off donation you can help us provide immediate, tangible results that will make a real difference.
- A regular gift of £10 a month, plus Gift Aid, could help us launch TourTalk at Harnhill
- A regular monthly gift of £33 a month, plus Gift Aid, would help to fund an MSc in Agritech
- A single gift of £250, plus Gift Aid, could provide a grant to cover unforeseen hardship for a student
Together, even modest gifts can be transformative.