Brexit Referendum Statement

The Royal Agricultural University has a proud history of welcoming students from across the globe. We believe that our community is enriched by students from Europe and other parts of the world – and Brexit has not changed our view. We remain committed to creating and maintaining an open and inclusive environment for all our students, staff and industry partners.

Current EU students

Our current EU students will retain the same fee status as home students and will continue to enjoy the benefits you do now.

Future EU students holding an offer

The UK government has confirmed that EU students starting a degree in 2019-20 and in 2020-21 will pay the same fees as UK students and continue to have access to student loans and other funding for the duration of their courses, even if the course finishes after the UK has left the EU.

EU students applying for places in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years will remain eligible for financial support.

The decision means EU students applying for an undergraduate or master’s course at an English university or further education institution in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years will continue to have access to student loans and grants, even if the course concludes after the UK’s exit from the EU.

Further information can be found at: and

Support for current and future EU students

You can gain advice from our Students Services team via email:, or call +44 (0)1285 652531 (ext 2291)

Further clarification on student loan funding for EU students can be gained from Student Loans company.

Universities UK has also produced a Brexit FAQs (frequently asked questions) document which you may find helpful. The FAQ can be accessed here.

EU staff at the RAU

Our commitment to EU staff is the same commitment to our EU students. Our staff help to create a thriving, learning, research and knowledge culture for the Royal Agricultural University.