- The Chartered Management Institute
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the only professional body dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership. They are the only professional body to offer Chartered Manager status. CMI's mission is to create better led organisations and managers.
CMI membership provides practical help and support. The resources they have available will support your academic activities, research and professional development, these resources are outlined in this short video learner induction. In summary, the benefits to you are:
- Access to the ManagementDirect platform, which is an online learning resource providing leader videos, content designed to meet different learning styles and Continued Professional Development recording
- Access to the Career Development Centre (CDC) including a CV building tool, CV review service, job search, interview simulator, personality, assertiveness and resilience tests
- You will have access to, and opportunities to engage with, a community of management professionals through our extensive calendar of events
- The opportunity to connect with other management professionals through our Mentoring service - and the opportunity to give back to others
- Early access to CMI insights and research
- Access to CMI's quarterly publication Professional Manager
For more information about the CMI's resources you may like to watch the following videos:
- ManagementDirect - your online management resource
- An introduction for CMI members
- Degree success through ManagementDirect
- How to browse for content
- How to access resources to support your qualification
- How to manage your learning
- Career Development Centre Introduction
You may also be interested in reading the 21st Century Leaders report (2018).
The CMI also have a Future Leaders community, designed to provide tailored support to help gain and improve employability skills. As a Future Leader, young professionals get all the expert guidance and support needed to establish their career, develop and enhance skills and progress up the career ladder. Read more about the Future Leaders community.