- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Branch removal - snedding and de-limbing
- Cross-cutting felled timber
- Take down hung-up trees using hand tools
- Clear site and chainsaw checks
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment hire can be arranged through the centre office at an additional charge. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment ahead of time.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")
Please be aware we use various woodlands throughout the county depending on the time of the year. The instructor will inform you of the woodland location on the first day of training.