This course is aimed at the operator with some experience on the farm or who has already completed our Introduction to Tractor Driving course. Tractors are very versatile machines with a wide variety of uses, ranging from business to more recreational use. The ever-growing spectrum of types and attachments now available makes them even more flexible and effective for use in land-based industries. Performing maintenance to the standard of the manufacturers instruction manual and ensuring the tractor is in a safe road-going state, is of paramount importance. Even the most experienced tractor drivers need to update their knowledge and skills to get the best out of new machinery. Serious accidents can and do occur without proper training and safety is crucial.
Previous tractor driving experience.
- Health and safety legislation
- Controls and pre-start checks
- Three point linkage operation
- Driving and manoeuvring
- Fitting and operation of power take-off drive
- Use of front end loaders
- In field practical exercises
Please note the following details:
- Bring pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- Wear suitable clothing for outside activities, protective steel toecap footwear is a must and gloves (if possible). Without PPE footwear, you will not be allowed to attend the course.
- Packed lunch
- We require a digital photograph which will be requested upon booking.
Course Assessment Method
You will receive a LANTRA Awards ITA certificate in Tractor Operation and Maintenance on successful completion of the integrated assessment.