- GREAT Scholarships (2021)
The Royal Agricultural University is delighted to offer eight scholarships to international students. Each scholarship is worth up to £10,000 towards the tuition fees for a postgraduate taught Master degree programme starting in September 2021.
Prospective postgraduates starting from the following countries can apply for a GREAT Scholarship:
- India (one)
- Indonesia (one)
- Malaysia (one)
- Pakistan (one)
- Thailand (one)
- Egypt (one)
- Kenya (one)
- Mexico (one)
About the scholarship
The scholarships are a joint initiative by the British Council and the UK Government, designed to attract some of the brightest postgraduate applicants from around the world to study at UK universities. These scholarships are jointly funded by the British Council, the GREAT Britain Campaign, and the RAU. The scholarship is in the form of a tuition fees waiver.
The scholarship will be made available to full-time postgraduate applicants who have obtained a conditional or unconditional offer for any of the following full-time taught programmes at the RAU:
- MSc Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security
- MSc Agricultural Technology and Innovation
- MSc Business Management
Please secure an offer for a place on a course before applying for the scholarship.
The scholarship is available for one year of study (12 months).
You are eligible to apply if you:
- You hold a passport from an eligible country (from list above)
- You’re planning to study a taught Masters that begins in September 2021
- You hold a suitable Bachelor’s degree
- You have a background of extracurricular activities or noteworthy experience relating to your chosen subject area
GREAT scholars should be:
- Motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from an RAU postgraduate taught course
- Active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- Willing to share experiences, create content and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Comfortable acting as an ambassador for GREAT Scholarships
- Willing to attend GREAT events upon invitation from the British Council
- Willing to speak to potential candidates about their experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria listed above and you hold a Conditional/Unconditional offer for a postgraduate master degree programme at the RAU starting in September 2021 before applying for the GREAT Scholarship
- Complete and return a statement of purpose (three pages maximum) by the deadline provided explaining why you should be awarded the RAU GREAT Scholarship. A personal statement with information on your motivations and goals as well as relevant extracurricular activities and work experience should be provided
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online video interview with the selection committee
- Shortlisted candidates will attend an online interview with the selection committee
- Successful scholars will be informed by the RAU on the result of their applications
Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by the RAU after registration.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and relevenant experience. Candidates must submit a statement of purpose.
Deadline for applications
This award is now closed to applications.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome two weeks after the deadline
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome two weeks after the online interview
If you are successful your offer letter will be updated to reflect your scholarship award.
*Scholarship winners will be expected to undertake RAU international ambassador duties during their studies at the RAU and after graduation*
Terms and conditions
- The award cannot be deferred to the next intake or year of study
- This is a one-time award
- The decision of the RAU is final and there can be no appeal against an unsuccessful outcome
For further information, please email: [email protected].